Monday, June 9, 2008

Our First Child

I never liked being pregnant. I was sick for nine months and always hungry. Since the doctor screamed at everyone if they gained weight, I was terrified if gained a pound. He only wanted us to gain twelve pounds and that wasn't easy. After I prepared dinner and as was clearing the table I would eat everything everyone left on their plate. Two days before I went to the doctor would starve myself. Then I would hold my breath as I heard him scream at all the other ladies that had gained weight. I only gained about eleven pounds and was thin when I came out of the hospital Mo made me drink a milkshake every night. Wouldn't you know it, I lost my appetite and couldn't drink but half of it.

Susan was due on February 24th and she was born on the 20th. I didn't realize I was in labor and almost had her on the living room sofa. She came at 11:23 and we got to the hospital at eleven. Mo was so upset, I squeezed his hand so hard on the way to the hospital I cut his fingers where his ring was.

Susan was a real blond and didn't look at all like her dad. I just knew she would be dark and have dark hair. She weighed seven pounds and three ounces. He thought she was perfect and was happy that she looked like me.

After she was born I began to hemorrhage and they kept kneading my stomach. I was so tired and my stomach was so sore. The blood kept filling my uterus and they had to get it out I guess. I lost so much blood they began to fear for my life. I was rh negative and they didn't have any on hand. They had to fly it in from another hospital. Mo said he sat and watched me getting weaker and weaker. My whole body was ice cold and the doctor kept pacing the floor. He finally took Mo out of the room and sat with him in another room. I don't remember anything but being so tired and they wouldn't leave me alone. I just wanted to sleep. I suppose the blood finally arrived because I lived. I stayed in Greenville General Hospital longer than usual.

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com